Iowa Right to Life sent a survey to all candidates in partisan races for 2022 that are on the ballot for the Primary on June 7, 2022, and General Election on November 8. 2022. If the questionnaires were returned back to IRTL, you will see a yes or no based on how the the candidate responded. We have provided the questions just as they were asked on the questionnaire. Additionally, if the candidate has a voting record on life bills, you will be able to reference how they voted.
If you do not see a yes or no after the question, the candidate did not return the questionnaire.
The record of votes for life bills is based on House Journals. We list the bill number so you can research more by going to Iowa Legislature – Find Legislation. If there is yes or no after the file number, then there was a vote. If it is blank, IRTL has not validated the vote for that bill. Voting record covers 2017 to 2022 for any candidate that served in the Iowa Legislature during this period.
To find your candidate, follow these steps:
From the Iowa Redistricting Site
- Click on Interactive Map.
- Under the title of Iowa Redistricting Plan 2 District Lookup, you will see a place to enter your address, but be sure to include your city.
- Hit enter and it will then identify your house and senate districts.
- You can click on the congressional map link and it will bring up a map so you can locate your county, which will give you your congressional boundary.
Locate your HD from the drop-down menu and click.
- The list of candidates is listed, both Republican and Democrat.
- Click on a candidate.
- If they returned our candidate questionnaire, you will see the response to the question.